Did you know that LILSA:
- Advocates for the health of our lakes;
- Is working hard to slow and prevent the spread of FLOWERING RUSH, an invasive species that is taking over Lake Isle and making its way to Lac Ste Anne;
- Completed a State of the Watershed Report and is working with other organizations to develop a Watershed Management plan;
- Partners with municipal and provincial governments to apply for grants and improve the quality of our lakes;
- Is working on short and long-term solutions to improve our lakes and keep them healthy and useable for generations to come;
- Needs more members to keep doing their important work!
… Read more
The use of motorized golf carts on
the roadways in Ross Haven has now come to the attention of the Community
Police Officers and the RCMP.
A motorized golf cart under the
Traffic Safety Act is classified as an Off-Highway Vehicle
Under the Operator Licensing and
Vehicle Control Regulation of the Traffic Safety Act, a motorized golf cart is
defined as a ‘miniature vehicle’.… Read more
If you’ve been hearing a series of loud explosions near Ross Haven, it’s likely due to the construction of the Fort McMurray West 500-KV Transmission Project.
ATCO is using a process known as implosive splicing, which creates not only a stronger more efficient transmission line but also a loud exploding noise.… Read more
At the January Council meeting, Council expressed its support for residents looking to properly repair shoreline damage along the lake front. Council and staff are committed to providing support and information to help residents wherever possible and staff have been in contact with Senior Lands Officer with Alberta Environment and Parks, Chris Vierath.… Read more
A break in was reported over the weekend in Ross Haven. Please report any suspicious activity to the RCMP and make sure your property, equipment, and vehicles are secure.… Read more
Bill 36 An Act to Enhance Off-Highway Vehicle Safety received Royal Assent on April 11, 2017 with an in force date set for May 15, 2017. This means that effective May 15, 2017, helmets will be mandatory for those riding off-highway vehicles (OHVs) on public land.… Read more
Welcome to the Summer Village of Ross Haven’s new web site!
Want to see your pictures above? Send us your photos! We’re looking for images of Ross Haven we can use on the site. Please note, we require large image files (approximately 2000 x 1200 pixels) of high quality. … Read more