Village Information

When are Council meetings and where are they held?

Council meetings are held every month on the second Thursday, beginning at 7:00 pm at the Onoway Civic Centre.

Does my dog require a licence?

No, but please recognize that control of your pets and responsible pet ownership are needed to make our community enjoyable for all our residents and visitors.  The Animal Control Bylaw defines regulations surrounding animals within the village boundaries.

What is the population of Ross Haven?

We are a community of 137 residents with a seasonal population of around 600.

If I’m building or renovating, do I need a building permit?

Development in the Summer Village of Ross Haven requires a permit. This includes construction or excavation in, on, over, or under land and in the making of changes or alterations in the use of any building (such as removal of top soil, demolition of a building, digging of wells or installation of cisterns, erection of tarp garages, and operating a home business).

For development questions, permits, and compliance certificates, please contact:

Tony Sonnleitner
PO Box 2945
Stony Plain, AB
T7Z 1Y4

Phone: (780) 718-5479 or email Tony.

When are tax and assessment notices mailed?

The combined tax and assessment notice is mailed annually in early May of each year.  If you haven’t received your notice, email CAO Tony Sonnleitner

When are property taxes due?

Property taxes are due by June 30 each year.